Now in its fifth year the Local Social Summit is the best event on location, social media and mobility in Europe. It also offers a more intimate atmosphere, making for more interaction and Q&A with speakers and more interesting discussions in the hallways.
It’s a mix of Europeans, people from the UK and Americans. This year’s show promises to be another very strong event.
Here’s the agenda:
- Big Trends Overview – 2013 Edition (I’ll be doing this)
- Understanding UK Mobile Consumers Path to Purchase (Bill Dinan)
- How the Mobile Consumer is Transforming Local Retail (featuring indoor location)
- How to Increase Your Local Visibility in Search and Social Media
- The Local Media Landscape in a Mobile World
- Crowdfunding with the Locals
- SMEs: What Is the Real Addressable Market? (Neal Polachek)
- The Next Wave for Local Commerce
- Big Data with Social, Local and Mobile
- The Hottest SoLoMo Start-Ups on Stage
Yelp, Foursquare, Nokia/Here, Telmetrics and Telefonica are among a diverse list of companies participating this year.
It’s one day only so it may be difficult for some in the US to justify the trip. But it’s a terrific event. You won’t be disappointed if you attend.
In particular I’m looking forward to the SMEs: What Is the Real Addressable Market? discussion. I’m also trying to get some deeper visibility into the “18 million local business pages” on Facebook to present at the event.