The following new numbers were pushed out today by Facebook’s PR firm to coincide with Dan Levy’s session at the BIA event in LA. Levy is Facebook’s point person on SMB initiatives now.
Here are the new figures:
- The number of Local Business Pages advertising on Facebook has nearly doubled since January
- Active Local Pages have increased over 40% since January
- 150M people visit Facebook Pages every day, and news feed is not the only way they’re getting there; in the US, nearly half of these visits are happening on mobile
- Over 300,000 Pages have promoted over 2.5M posts since Promoted Posts for businesses launched in June; over 25% of the businesses are new advertisers on Facebook
- 75% of daily Promoted Posts advertisers are repeat customers
- Since we launched the Pages manager app six months ago, over 3M Page owners are using the mobile admin app to advertise on the go
Most of the above stats (but probably not all) reflect SMB activity. Promoted Posts was explicitly designed to make advertising simple on Facebook and to address the needs of SMBs and SMB feedback the company was receiving.
These figures join those previously released during the company’s last earnings call: ”We have 12.8 million have Facebook pages, 8 million of them use that page monthly, and over 3.5 million post weekly.”