Frankenstorm (Hurricane) Sandy is about to hit the US East Coast in a big way — with hopefully minimal damage and injury. Earlier today Yext sent out an email to business owners and marketers in affected areas informing them that they could update their hours or post messages related to the hurricane.
It’s an illustration of Yext’s real-time data syndication/update capability. The sample above suggests that many businesses will want to post that they’ll be closed tomorrow. However I would imagine things like the availability of generators, water and food might be equally if not more valuable.
Update: Yext CEO Howard Lerman said earlier via email that many business were taking advantage of the capability with messages such as:
- We will be closed Monday due to storm
- Water flood damage 24 hour emergency services
- Closed Monday & Tuesday due to hurricane Sandy
- Storm damage repair, brush removal, hydro-excavation
- Storm supplies still in stock!
- Hurricane special – free 10 hour battery backup
He added that many of them were coming from the Yext iPhone app.