There will be more but David Mihm and Mike Blumenthal have some early perspective and advice for business owners and local SEOs about the impact of Google+ Local pages:
- Google +Local NAP Info Pulling From Mapmaker (not Places?)
- Rankings on Google+ Local: Some Observations
- The Coolest +Local Feature No One’s Noticed?
- Google Places Pages Are No More – But What has Changed?
- 7-Pack Upgraded – Stars Are No More, Authorship is King
SIM Partners’ detailed overview and discussion:
Chris Silver Smith:
- Google+ Local Pages Delurk At Last (with bonus video of Marissa Mayer)
Google product forum discussion of business-focused page management questions:
- from Vanessa Schneider, Google community manager (scroll up and expand)
Lisa Barone coverage of SMX Advanced session:
- ”Hardcore Local SEO Tactics” (some discussion of Google+ Local)
The consensus appears to be that rankings havent really changed and that most of what has happened is largely operating at the UI level for the time being.
If you see any other useful articles let me know.