YP Holdings (“YP”), the new entity combining the assets of AT&T Ad Solutions and AT&T Interactive, launched today as a separate company. Majority owned by private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management, AT&T retains a significant minority stake (47%).
Facts and data from the press release:
- YP had $3.3 billion in revenues in 2011.
- 30% of 2011 revenues (nearly $1 billion) “derived from its digital and mobile platforms, making YP the ninth-largest digital media company of any type in the US”
- 700,000 local advertisers throughout the country
- YP.com and YP Mobile have 38 million monthly uniques
- YP Local Ad Network sees 70+ million monthly uniques
- YP’s Real Yellow Pages directories used “more than 5 million times daily by consumers to seek out local businesses”
- The new company will be headquartered in Tucker, Georgia and led by AT&T Interactive CEO David Krantz
What’s your view of the outlook for the new company?