Groupon has filed its S-1 in anticipation of its IPO. Here are some of the topline numbers:
- In 2010 Groupon saw $713 million in revenue (and $420 million in losses)
- In Q1 2011 Groupon had $645 million. If Groupon keeps up the pace it will do roughly $2.8 billion in revenue in 2011.
- 83 million subscribers
- 56K “featured merchants” (very small compared to potential)
- Q1: 28 million Groupon deals sold
- Q1 marketing costs were $208 million
- Gross profit in Q1 was $270 million
- IPO would be worth $750 million
The growth story in here is phenomenal, especially 2010 to 2011. I’m also struck by how low the merchant penetration is relative to the “addressable market.” There’s lots more potential growth here. Almost 80% of merchants have yet to try daily deals:
Source: Opus Research-MerchantCircle (2/11) n=6,875 US SMBs
I’m sure others who have more time to comb through this will pull other very interesting tidbits.
See related: Groupon Now brings hourly deals to SF, NY